Care & Maintenance of Drapery
- Vacuum with a light brush
- Or beat with clean broom
- Keep Area as Free of Dust as possible
- Repair Any Tears/Rips- A stich in time does save nine!
- Test Drapery for Flame Retardancy
Every 5 Years: Flame Retardant Renewal
Typically the Flame Retardancy of Drapery will require renewal every 5 years.
- For IFR drapery, cleaning them will restore the flame retardant properties as it is the dust which is flammable. IFR draperies do not typically lose their flame retardant properties when dry cleaned.
- Flame Retardant Treated Materials will require cleaning and re-treatment of drapery. Flame retardants wear off over time and are affected by humid or dry environments. Flame retardant properties are typically removed when washed, dry cleaned or steam cleaned.