Certain fabrics and furs cannot sustain cleaning with liquids. Non-immersion cleaning machines for furs and drapes were originally developed in the 1940’s to provide a safe and effective cleaning solution for these delicate textiles. There have been several iterations of these machines over the years.
Traditionally, cleaning of furs and drapes was performed through immersion in water-based solutions, which posed the risk of damaging the materials or altering their natural characteristics. To overcome these challenges, non-immersion cleaning machines were developed. This is a completely dry process, utilizing powder as a cleaning agent. This is a similar process found in nature where animals will roll in dust to clean their fur coats.
These machines are different than traditional dry cleaning equipment as dry cleaning” actually uses liquids in the form of various solvents. Many fabrics, once immersed in fluids either water or dry cleaning solvent, will lose their original size, shape and hand feel.
Non-Immersion machines typically use specialized cleaning agents and met hods, such as gentle agitation and application of cleaning solutions to remove dirt and debris from the surface of the textiles without wetting them. The cleaning solution is then extracted from the textiles using forced air and agitation of the materials - cleaning them but also preserving the materials.
Non-immersion Drapery Cleaning Has Several Advantages Over Traditional Immersion Cleaning:
- Gentle Cleaning: Non-immersion cleaning uses no water and no harsh chemicals, making it a gentler cleaning method that is less likely to cause damage to delicate fabrics and textiles.
- No Shrinkage: Because non-immersion cleaning does not use water, there is no shrinkage of the fabric.
- Drying Time: With no liquids used in the cleaning process, drapes and curtains do not get wet, which eliminates the risk of mold or mildew growth.
- Environmentally Friendly: Non-immersion cleaning methods use no water, do not require heat, produce minimal waste and use fewer chemicals, reducing the environmental impact of the cleaning process. Cleaning powder can be made from renewable natural ingredients.
- Improved Indoor Air Quality: Non-immersion cleaning methods can help to remove allergens, dust, and other pollutants drapes and curtains, improving the indoor air quality.
- Cost Effective: Non-immersion cleaning methods are often more cost-effective than traditional immersion cleaning methods, as they use no hot water and chemicals, reducing the cost of supplies and utilities.
- Won’t remove flame retardant properties of textile if present.
- Won’t crack the liner in Hotel Blackout Curtains.
Overall, non-immersion cleaning machines have revolutionized the cleaning of furs and drapes, including Stage Draperies and Hotel Blackouts, providing a safe, effective and eco-friendly solution.
On-Site Drapery Cleaners utilizes an exclusive non-immersion cleaning method that guarantees no shrinkage, no color fade and no fabric distortion.
Call us today at 1-800-465-2082 or send us your details using our contact form, for a free no obligation estimate.